Flexible, scalable program addresses the specific needs of producers, processors, fabricators, service centers
CROWE HORWATH LLP, an accounting and consulting firm, is releasing a new version of its Crowe Metals Industry Accelerator for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012, an enterprise resource planning platform that’s configured to work with Microsoft’s latest generation of ERP technology. The developer said the program is suited to metal producers as well as processors, fabricators, and service centers.
“The Crowe Metals Industry Accelerator is the only flexible, scalable solution that addresses the specific needs of the metals industry within the highly popular new Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 platform,” stated Josh Cole, a principal in Crowe’s Performance group. “The accelerator is pre-configured with metals functionality, which dramatically shortens implementation times and improves overall operating efficiency to help manufacturers achieve a better return on their technology investment.”
Cole explained that most of the new functions of the program are based on users’ requests, including:
• The ability to optimize inventory through a cut plan workbench, a user interface that matches demand for cut sizes of bar, sheet, coil, etc., to available supplies of raw material and remnants;
• The ability to transfer specifications between sales, purchasing, and production transactions, including inter-company orders;
• The ability to track inventory by quantity (pieces or feet), theoretical weight, and actual weight;
• The ability to price in any convertible unit of measure, regardless of the unit by which an item is sold or inventoried;
• The ability to factor dimensional transformation into routings; and
• The ability to calculate automatically the cost allocation for divergent (one-to-many) production.